Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for people with special needs through a family resource center that symbolizes professionalism, dignity, compassion, and respect.
We share the vision to be instrumental in the development of a community that is more comfortable with, and accepting of, people with special needs.
Be a Hero...One Child at a Time!
H.E.A.R.T.S. Connection Family Resource Center provides emotional and educational support to parents of children who have or are at risk of having a disability.
Our caring staff help parents to understand their children's future which may include hospitalizations, physical therapy, speech therapy and special education.
For example...we lend books from our extensive resource library, facilitate support groups, provide assistance with Individualized Educational Plans (IEP), host sibling activities, and family fun days.
Each of us can "Be a HERO" today. These tough economic times effect non-profit organization at a time when families are struggling and need our assistance more than ever. H.E.A.R.T.S. Connection helps over 600 families each year. Some families need our services a few times a year while others need support on a monthly basis. Please help us continue to provide services to special needs children and their families.
BE A HERO...one child at a time. If we each give what we can, it will make a difference in the lives of these children who face challenges every day. Children are depending on your help. Please give today.
- April 2, Spring Fling Event for H.E.A.R.T.S. Families, Please RSVP
- April 12, SCDD Training (Spanish) Self Determination
- April 21, Special Needs Trust Workshop
- April 30, Family Movie Night, Please RSVP
- May 3, Give BIG Kern, please donate to H.E.A.R.T.S. Connection
- May 15, Motorcycle/car Rider's Ride Fundraiser
- May 19, KHSD Transition Fair
- May 21, Bunko Tournament Fundraiser